Educational Oversight for Leith School of Art!
Tuesday,11 October 2016 in
We are delighted to announce that Leith School of Art has been successful in gaining Educational Oversight from Education Scotland. Education Scotland is an approved educational oversight body authorised by the Home Office to inspect private further education colleges and English language schools in Scotland.
Reviews are arranged under three high-level questions which Education Scotland is adopting for evaluative purposes:
- How well are learners progressing and achieving relevant, high quality outcomes?
- How effective are the organisation’s learning and teaching processes?
- How effective are the organisation’s leadership and quality culture?
After a rigorous application and inspection process we were assessed as follows:
- Learner Progress and Outcomes: Very Good
- Learning and Teaching Processes: Good
- Leadership and Quality Culture: Good
“Very Good” is the top grade of four, and “Good” the second top grade.
We can now use the Education Scotland Quality Mark, which shows that the School meets certain educational standards. We are very pleased to have gained this recognition of the School’s professionalism in education. Well done to all concerned!
You can read the full report on the Education Scotland website.