Foundation Course Synopsis
Leith School of Art Foundation Course is distinctive, with around 25-29 students working in the School from Monday to Thursday and undertaking a self –directed day on Friday. The course is carefully structured to introduce all of the major disciplines of fine art and design, with opportunities for individuals to explore further options when appropriate for their specific interests. The course is rooted in drawing and enables students to develop their ability to look in a full and holistic way.
It is a fully fledged Foundation Course, enabling students to apply for direct entry to second year of any Scottish art college / university and for all other degrees in the visual arts throughout the UK and overseas. The course has a very high success rate and students continue to be accepted by all major art colleges and universities for the full range of disciplines.
The course thrives on intensive teaching, which is tailored to each individual to help them reach their highest potential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Design Lead for the Foundation Course.
• Oversee the teaching of a range of design-based subjects, which include: Illustration, Graphic Design/Visual Communication, Textiles, Fashion, Costume Design, Animation, Jewellery, and Interior Design.
• Planning and overseeing the delivery of projects in Term 1, which will introduce these design-based subjects to the students.
• Overseeing students’ personal projects throughout the year, which are based on design subject areas.
• Having input to student assessments, in particular with regard to design-based projects and subjects.
• Deliver talks and lectures, which can encompass the history of design as well as developments in contemporary design.
Please contact Mary Slater, Business Manager, for a full job description and application details.
For further information, please contact Mary@LeithSchoolofArt.co.uk, or call 01315545761