Explore the rich surface textures, deep tones and fine linear qualities of this unique printmaking process.
This workshop will take students through the creation and printing of a collagraph print. Starting with imagery such as drawings, paintings or photographs, students will be introduced to a range of experimental and traditional intaglio methods.
The workshop will cover:
- Examples of collagraph prints by contemporary and historical artists.
- How to use a variety of tools to create different effects.
- Inking and wiping of your plate for printing (including a la poupée and viscosity techniques).
- The use of paper stencils.
- Paper preparation and how to “pull” a print using an etching press.
This workshop is suitable for those new to printmaking and anyone wishing to expand their knowledge and skills. Demonstrations will be given in a supportive environment allowing students to experiment and try out new ways of working.